March 22, 2018 Thursday of the Fifth Week of Lent
"Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever keeps my word will never see death." (Jn 8: 51)
When we love someone, we believe in them. We see all their good qualities and fall more in love with them.
When Jesus gave us the beatitudes, He was showing us how to live and how to love one another-- (Mt 5)
1. Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
2. Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
3. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
4. Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied.
5. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
6. Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
7. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
8. Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
9. Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you falsely because of me.
Rejoice and be glad for your reward will be great in heaven.
These are Jesus' words in the gospel and these are His promises to us--we will never see death.
I love Him, I believe Him.