A reading from the holy Gospel according to John 19:31-37
Since it was preparation day, in order that the bodies might not remain on the cross on the sabbath, for the sabbath day of that week was a solemn one, the Jews asked Pilate that their legs be broken and they be taken down. So the soldiers came and broke the legs of the first and then of the other one who was crucified with Jesus. But when they came to Jesus and saw that he was already dead, they did not break his legs, but one soldier thrust his lance into his side, and immediately blood and water flowed out. An eyewitness has testified, and his testimony is true; he knows that he is speaking the truth, so that you also may come to believe. For this happened so that the Scripture passage might be fulfilled: NOT A BONE OF IT WILL BE BROKEN. And again another passage says: THEY WILL LOOK UPON HIM WHOM THEY PIERCED. The Gospel of the Lord
REFLECTION: "They will look on him whom they have pierced."
The Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is celebrated throughout the world on the Friday following the Feast of Corpus Christi.
In 1670, a French priest, Fr Jean Eudes, celebrated the first Feast of the Sacred Heart. Around the same time , a pious nun by the name of Margaret Mary Alacoque began to report visions of Jesus. As she rested her head upon his heart, Jesus told her of his great love and he had chosen her to make his love and his goodness known to all.
Jesus asked that the Feast of the Sacred Heart be celebrated each year on the Friday following Corpus Christi. He wanted to have reparation for the ingratitude of men for the sacrifice which Christ had made for them. The heart of Jesus was pierced for you and for me. God gave his Son for our redemption and his Son gave His Life for us so that we could be with him in paradise.
Oh, to have a repentant soul as Mary Magdalene, truly repentant of her sins and her reparation for her offenses against God.
Promises of the Sacred Heart.
1. I will give them graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will give peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. I will be their refuge in life and in death
5. I will abundantly bless all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection.
9. I will bless the place where the Sacred Heart is exposed and venerated.
10. I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
11. Persons who propagate this devotion shall have their names eternally written in my Heart.
12. In the excess of the mercy of my Heart, I promise you that my all powerful love will grant to all those who will receive Communion on the First Fridays, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments: and my Heart will be their secure refuge in that last hour.
PRAYER: "O Sacred Heart of Jesus, fountain of every blessing, I adore you, I love you, I give you my life." Amen (Author unknown)
Please pray for all priests thruout the world. "The priest is a living and transparent image of Christ" (St John Paul II). " He is the love of the heart of Jesus. When you see a priest, think of our Lord Jesus Christ." (St John Vianney, PAPA 's patron saint). Visit our website,