A reading from the holy Gospel according to Luke 17:26-37
As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be in the days of the Son of Man; they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage up to the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. Similarly, as it was in the days of Lot: they were eating, drinking, buying, selling, planting, building; on the day when Lot left Sodom, fire and brimstone rained from the sky to destroy them all. So it will be on the day the Son of Man is revealed. On that day, a person who is on the housetop and whose belongings are in the house must not go down to get them, and likewise a person in the field must not return to what was left behind. Remember the wife of Lot. Whoever seeks to preserve his life will lose it, but whoever loses it will save it. I tell you, on that night there will be two people in one bed; one will be taken, the other left. And there will be two women grinding meal together; one will be taken, the other left.” They said to him in reply, “Where, Lord?” He said to them, "where the body is, there also the vultures (eagles) will gather.” The Gospel of the Lord
REFLECTION: "where the body is, there also the vultures will gather”
What will be the end time for us? God is so awesome!!! He is preparing us or giving us a glimpse of what the end time will be. He is preparing us for death and describing what it will be like. God determines when it is time to leave this earth. The time when we meet God face to face is unknown to us. So we must remain vigilant. Do not allow yourself to be in mortal sin--go frequently to confession, practice charity, obey God's commandments.
It can happen at anytime. We will be unaware. We will be enjoying life --celebrating at a wedding, playing soccer, working, at the gym, driving, or we will be sinning- lying, cheating, adultering, etc... The time is unknown for all. But Jesus warns us to not lose time, to not look back nor to be so consumed with consumerism that we lose track or focus on God. He wants us to take our spiritual life seriously --we are to lose our life to save it. Our source of life will be the gift of life. Share God with everyone, share his love , share the smile of Jesus.
We all have an eternal soul and once we die we will have a change of residence. We must complete well our earthly pilgrimage. Let us pray for ourselves and for all souls God has put in our day to day path.
Let us be careful how we complete this pilgrimage--
1. Pray to God in the morning, with praise and thanksgiving
2. Daily mass and reception of Jesus in the Eucharist
3. Charity and kindness everywhere we go, spreading the word of God
4. Do our chores well, offering up all to God, saying the rosary, the chaplet of Divine Mercy
5. At the end of the day make an examination of conscience, go to night prayers, visit Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament
6. Diligently pray for others salvation.
7. Pray before thinking, think before speaking, speak only words of encouragement , kindness and love.
8. No complaining, no criticizing, no laziness, no gluttony
9. Be humble
10. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and mind and your neighbor as yourself.
11. Pray for our Priests--our souls need confession and communion for our pilgrimage.
papamio.org Pray for our priests.